First Class BA (Hons) in Popular Music Performance
A Level Music Grade C
A Level Media Studies Grade B
BTEC Music Technology Distinction Star
10 GCSE's A* to D (Including English and Maths, A Grade in Music)
Electric Guitar RGT Grade 6 Merit (Playing ability above Grade 8 Standard)
Beginners to Advanced
As a First Class popular music performance graduate from the University of Chester, I have participated in several tours covering countries such as Nepal and Brazil where I performed and
taught students at institutes, such as the Kathmandu Jazz Conservatory and Federal University of Sao Joao Del Rei. Whilst there I was able to use my communication and organisational skills, and it required me to be reliable and punctual whilst teaching students of all ages. I have experience teaching students between the ages of 7-25 and hold enhanced DBS certification.
During my time at University I studied a range of subjects such as
• Band performance.
• Working as a session musician.
• Understanding popular music theory.
• Music technology
• History of popular music.
During my time at university I often had to work together in ensembles. This allowed me to use my communication and people skills, which also established my ability to work effectively in a team. Throughout my degree, I was a hard working individual who used time management effectively.
I have also gained a wide range of experience teaching and volunteering in many countries such as the UK, Brazil and Nepal.
Here is a list of my professional experience as a tutor and performer.
• Took part in a 10-day tour of Brazil (September 2014), playing concerts in Belo Horizonte and Sao Joao Del Rei.
• Worked as a Musical Director teaching band masterclasses. This involved teaching Brazilian students about English music and its culture. I applied my teamwork and communication skills to the role of musical director, which allowed students to perform effectively.
• Spent 14 days teaching and volunteering at the Kathmandu Jazz Conservatory. This involved teaching individual guitar lessons, which covered genres of music such as Funk, Jazz, Blues and Metal, whilst also giving students an insight to modern guitar techniques. I
• Worked as a musical director with bands teaching Nepalese children about English music, performance skills and how to work together in an ensemble. A number of students struggled with performing and elements of guitar playing, and as a music tutor I helped them overcome this by stepping into a leadership role.
The Rock Project Mid Wales.
• Teaching group guitar lessons to students from the ages of 7-18, including preparing material for live performances.
Private Guitar Tuition
• Teaching students from age 16-25 covering beginner and intermediate levels, focusing on technique and musicality.
January 2015-June 2015.
What We Did Next Musical Theatre Group.
• Successfully auditioned for the musical ‘What We Did Next’ showing of “Bonnie and Clyde” and was selected as ‘Guitar 1’ for a week of shows from June 15th-20th at the Unity Theatre in Liverpool. This involved weekly rehearsals where skills such as sight-reading were necessary.
Fee (60 minutes): £20.00
Fee (30 minutes): £10.00
PLEASE NOTE: All users of our service are bound by our terms
and conditions. We strongly recommend that you read our guidelines
on choosing a teacher before making any approach to a teacher for music lessons.
If you feel this profile contains any inaccurate or inappropriate content, please
let us know.