Fellow of the Guildhall School of Music and Drama
Beginners to Advanced
Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM)
*ONLINE LESSONS - Skype/zoom etc
*CHOOSE TIME - 1hr, 45mins or 30mins (£32, £25, £17)
*BLOCK BOOK LESSONS FOR DISCOUNT
*BEGINNER to INTERMEDIATE
*ALL AGES WELCOME
I am a guitarist with great experience performing in a variety of styles and with a wide repertoire. I am currently on the Guildhall Artists Fellowship in jazz, after having completed my BMus(hons) with First Class. I have been teaching the guitar for nearly two years in a specialist music school for children. I am DBS checked.
Some topics I can cover with you:
Improvising over chord changes
Improving your time
Learning jazz standards
Playing more rhythmically
Expanding your chord vocabulary
Help and guidance on transcription
Understanding jazz theory
How to use major modes and melodic minor modes
How to use arpeggios and chord tones
2020 - Guildhall Artist Fellowship (Jazz)
Sept 2016 - present:
Studying BMus Music Performance (Jazz Guitar) course at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, along with 2nd study classical guitar.
Chetham’s School of Music
March 2018 – December 2019:
Classical guitar and theory tutor at Bellenden School (ages 8-11). From beginner to grade 2 levels.
- Let’s hear it for the Girls - an evening showcasing some of the most impressive female voices of the West End at Zedel's, in aid of the Maya Centre, January 2020.
- Curated and promoted a jazz night at Hoxton Underbelly featuring her own jazz quintet, 25th November, 2019.
- Performance at the Queen Convention with Queen tribute act Fat Bottomed Girls, 5th October 2019.
- O2 Shepard’s Bush Empire with Blanco White supporting Roo Panes, 21st June 2018.
- O2 Academy Oxford supporting Black Honey, 14th May 2018.
- Blanco White’s 2018 spring tour of the EU and UK.
- The official electric guitar/mandolin/bass/acoustic guitar dep in the WEST END Olivier award-winning production ‘Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour’ in the Duke of York’s Theatre, summer 2017.
- Electric guitar/acoustic guitar/mandolin chair for Italia Conti’s production of Bright Lights, Big City, 22nd-24th Nov 2018.
- Performed in jazz ensembles: LSO St Luke’s lunchtime concert the Americas: Pioneering Music from the New World Nov 2016.
- September 2016 “21st Century Pastoral” concert at the Barbican Concert Hall with the Iain Ballamy, the Guildhall jazz orchestra and chorus
Fee (60 minutes): £32.00
Fee (30 minutes): £17.00
PLEASE NOTE: All users of our service are bound by our terms
and conditions. We strongly recommend that you read our guidelines
on choosing a teacher before making any approach to a teacher for music lessons.
If you feel this profile contains any inaccurate or inappropriate content, please
let us know.