Bachelor of Music (BMus) Honours in Commercial Music Performance
BTEC National Diploma in Music
Grade 8 Vocals
Grade 5 Music Theory
QA Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
(all popular styles, except classical)
All popular styles (pop/rock/jazz/folk/soul)
Beginners to Advanced
Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM)
Zara is an accredited vocal coach situated within Brighton's city centre.
Whether you are currently a shower-singer wanting to take that first step vocally, or perhaps an advanced singer looking to learn more and to keep your voice in great condition, Zara is a voice expert who caters each lesson to the individual student.
With Zara you don't just learn great vocal technique and performance skills, she focuses on expanding every student's own unique voice, instead of demanding a uniform style or sound.
Her background includes training at:
- The BRIT School of Performing Arts where Adele, Amy Winehouse, Jessie J and many more studied.
- University of Westminster studying commercial music (BMus Hons Degree) with a focus on vocal anatomy and pedagogy.
- Uxbridge College - working in the music department to assist students with songwriting, recording, music theory and other forms of music learning.
- Zara is now the lead vocal teacher for music agencies such as Susanna Cassam Music Tuition and Love Music School, as well as teaching privately.
She has been seen to play countless gigs across Europe including Ronnie Scotts, the Paralympics and the Oriana cruise ship, and is an establisher singer/songwriter situated directly within the current music industry. She also follows the world-famous Speech Level Singing technique, which is used by more than 120 Grammy Winners.
Below are the most common areas she works on with singers from beginners to advanced:
- Correct Breathing
- Repertoire Development
- Smoothing Breaks
- Vocal Anatomy & Physiology
- Strength, Power
- Specific Exercises and Warm-Ups
- Style Development
- Strengthening Abdominal Support
- Improving Tone/Depth/Adding Colour
- Secure Placement/Control
- Increasing Range - Low Notes & High Notes
- Trouble Shooting
- Vocal Health/Hygiene & Maintenance
- Vocal Confidence
- Performance Coaching
- Microphone Technique (condensors & dynamics)
- Gear Awareness – Terminology/mics/PA etc
- Studio Technique
- Audition Preparation
- Backing Vocals
- Harmony Vocals
- Ad libs/Riffs/Runs/Scats
- Vocal Arranging & Producing
PLEASE NOTE: Zara requires 24 hours notice to cancel lessons, otherwise the lesson will still need to be charged for.
Fee (60 minutes): £35.00
Fee (45 minutes): £28.00
PLEASE NOTE: All users of our service are bound by our terms
and conditions. We strongly recommend that you read our guidelines
on choosing a teacher before making any approach to a teacher for music lessons.
If you feel this profile contains any inaccurate or inappropriate content, please
let us know.