Nov 2009 to March 2010: Sound It Out: The Arch Unit F9 48-52 Floodgate Street Birmingham B5 552. Birmingham Music Service: New Horizons Training Course. A training programme for proficient freelance/ sole trading musicians... with the emphasis on group sessions.
2006 to 2009: University of Wales Bangor LL57 2DG BMus 2:1
2005 to 2006 St. Dominic’s Priory School, Stone, Staffs ST15 8EN Minor Arts Scholarship
1999 to 2006 St. Dominic’s Priory School, Stone, Staffs ST15 8EN Piano Scholarship
1997 to 2005: Associated Board of the Royal School of Music 24 Portland Place London W1B 1 LU PIANO Grades 1-8
1991 to 2001: Associated Board of the Royal School of Music 24 Portland Place London W1B 1 LU CLARINET Grades 1-4
1995 to 2006: St. Dominic’s Priory School, Stone, Staffs ST15 8EN
A LEVELS Music (A) History (B) Biology(A) AS Chemistry(C) and General Studies(C)
GCSE 3A* 3A and 3B grades
Beginners to Advanced
PRIVATE PIANO TEACHER
May 2014 to date: Bangor Gwynedd ages 7- 40
Sept 2010 May 2015: Stafford Grammar ages 5+
Sept 2010 to May 2015: Stafford ages 13+
Sept 2006 to 2009: Bangor Gwynedd ages 7- 40
Oct 2009 to 2010 School of Rock Tettenhall Wolverhampton ages 5-55
Providing tailor made WORKSHOPS for KeyStage 1 and 2 working in schools, museums and galleries.
An innovative approach designed to enhance teaching and learning through music and drama. Our work is cross curricular leading the way to development in Literacy, Music, Drama and Dance. We are acutely aware that every Child Matters.
MUSIC SUPPLY TEACHER: with First For Education Supply Agency
· Jan to July 2011 @ Our Lady and St Chads Catholic Sports college Wolverhampton: Years 7 - 11. A 6 month placement as Music Teacher required to plan and deliver lessons to years 7, 8,9 and BTech and GCSE music groups. Responsible for ½ term progress reports and contributing to student progress discussions at year 11 parents evening Also participating in school extra-curricular musical events including band and concerts.
· 2010 to 2011: Wolgarston High School: Years 7 - 11:
MUSIC/ART WORKSHOP LEADER with Clubs4Children
· Sept 2010 to Dec 2010 @ Heath Hayes Primary Cannock ages -11. A 3 month placement as sole Music Teacher. Planning and carrying out music lessons corresponding to the National curriculum and related to current subject topics
· RETURN: May 2010 to July 2010
· May 2010 to July [email protected] Alumwell infant school Walsall ages 5 - 7: A 3 month placement as sole Music and Art Teacher. Planning and carrying out unique art/music lessons culminating with a Musical drama performance based around citizenship.
INDEPENDANT WORKSHOP LEADER
· Summer 2010: Ashley youth Group Musical Director: Joseph and his Technicolor dream coat the musical
· Nov 2009 ASHLEY Activity day Leader of music: Colours of salvation scripture + music/dance
· Sept 2009: CROXTON activity day: Leader of music: focus on psalm 148 + St Francis with music, words and action
· 2007-2009: Annual Piano workshops and concerts Bangor Gwynedd: Organiser + leader/teacher
· 1999 to 2004: Fundraising Concerts around stoke on Trent OAP Homes: Organiser + performer
· June 2010 to date @ British Pottery Manufacture Club Stoke-On-Trent
· 2007 to 2009 @ Buckley Hotel Beaumaris Anglesey
· 2006 to 2007 @ Boat yard Bistro Bangor Gwynedd
· 2004 to 2006 @ The Croft Restaurant Woore
· 1999 to 2006 @ Ashley youth group
WEDDING PIANIST: 2004 to date
· September 2012: Cellist and composer for Musician Chris Wade signed with Hawkwind records - receiving royalties
· 2011: Cellist in 'Sweeny Todd The Barber of Seville' for Stone Revellers Amateur dramatic Society
· 2010: Clarinettist in 'Fiddler on the Roof' for Look out theatre
· 2009: Clarinettist in 'My Fair Lady' for Look out theatre
· 2006: Cellist in North Staffs Symphony Orchestra and Keele University Philharmonic Orchestra performance of Berlioz: Grande Messes des mortes under Matthew Willis at Victoria Hall Hanley.
· 2004: Clarinettist in 'Cabaret for Stone Revellers Amateur dramatic Society
COMISSIONED IMMERSIVE MUSIC/ART INSTALLATIONS
· 2015 Keele University Firehand celebration
· August 2012 to September 2013 Gladstone Fired up
· September 2011: Dance 123; Scored for; Cello, piano, 4 voices, external sounds and 3 dancers. This work was premiered at Newcastle under Lyme College Staffordshire as part of a Big Lottery funded project aimed at exploring body image issues. It’s now being used in a research project led by Staffordshire and Derby Universities Psychology and Dance Movement Therapy Departments.
COMISSIONED MUSICAL THEATRE
· December 2011 WAM @ Wedgwood Museum: Candlemass eve and the Tears of wax score commissioned by the Wedgwood Museum Stoke – see flyer attached.
· 2011 Cogs a WAM Musical; score and choreography [in progress] Script Misha Herwin
· 2010: Animal Harmonies, score and script writer: a Musical drama based around citizenship for Keystage 1+2 pupils at Allumwell Infant Schools Walsall.
· Sept 2004: Broughton Parish combined Youth Groups: ages 5-18: A show in a day; 'Showstoppers' Composer, co-script writer, choreographer, Artistic director, stage designer and Leader
· September 2012: Cellist and composer for Musician Chris Wade signed with Hawkwind records - receiving royalties: http://wisdomtwinsbooks.weebly.com
· March-June 2012: String Quartet ; commissioned for Shugborough Hall, as part of a project to produce new work for Stafford & District Arts Council and Staffordshire Libraries and Information Services of new "Shugborough Eclogues" by Grevel Lindop and the performance of new music by three Stafford composers inspired by Shugborough. Shugborough is an Arcadia in Staffordshire and this event hopes to be the beginning of a new "Arcadian Academy".
· March-July 2012 Revision of March 2009: Et ego in paradisium ;Orchestral Ensemble 3 movements. Produced for a call by London Contemporary Chamber Orchestra with the possibility of workshopping the work with them later this year.
· March 2012: 3 Cries, Boudicca; commissioned by Kaleidoscope Ensemble. Based in Colchester Kaleidoscope Ensemble are a unique classical chamber music quartet mixing combinations of instruments with soprano voice. This innovative combination performs a vibrant fusion of music from late romantic composers through to living composers.
· December 2011: Continual Renewal; Brass quartet selected for the opening of Firstsight Art Gallery in Colchester performed by Bespoke Brass. In collaboration with Colchester New Music. http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/LOCAL-COMPOSER-8217-S-WORK-ACCEPTED-PRESTIGIOUS/story-14021555-detail/story.html#axzz2bm4zUbIO
· March 2009: “The Dream of Maxen Wledig”; Wind Quintet Competition Prize winner: Piece performed by members of BBCNOW orchestra
· 2008: November 1918; Scored for; Piano, Violin Cello and Clarinet and performed by Ensemble Cymru.
· 2008: To Enid; orchestral ensemble with Harp and Choir.
2007: Nunc Dimitis; Undergraduate Choral work
Fee (30 minutes): £15.00
Fee (60 minutes): £30.00
PLEASE NOTE: All users of our service are bound by our terms
and conditions. We strongly recommend that you read our guidelines
on choosing a teacher before making any approach to a teacher for music lessons.
If you feel this profile contains any inaccurate or inappropriate content, please
let us know.