BA Hons Performing Arts Music
PGCE Secondary Music
LCM Grade 8 Music Theatre
ABRSM Grade 8 Trombone
ABRSM Grade 5 Theory
ABRSM Grade 5 Jazz Piano
ABRSM Grade 4 Piano
Singing- focus on healthy technique; including breath control, support, projection, song-interpretation and performance technique. I would be happy to train people for graded examinations, preparing for auditions or singing just for fun. My specialism is Musical Theatre but I can advise for all styles.
Piano- I teach Classical and Jazz, right from the basics to the more advanced understanding of modes, chord progressions, inversions and compositional skills. In addition, I teach to play both with notation and creatively away from music reading, developing 'the inner ear'.
Drums- I teach from basic Paradiddles and grooves to more complex styles; incorporating drum kit notation and a vital 'feel' to drum for any piece.
I am also able to tutor for Music Theory, Composition and Songwriting.
I have recording facilities available (Using Logic Pro X & iMac) for an additional fee for students who wish to hear themselves in action and use recordings for their own training.
A mix of prepared resources will be available at different points (Some for an additional fee) but if you would prefer to bring your own materials, I will happily advise.
I am able to provide vocal tuition via Skype and Facetime, if requested, but internet connection must be strong and webcam quality for picture and sound must be excellent.
Lessons are charged at an hourly rate. A 'bundle pack' can be booked- block book 10 lessons in advance and get lesson 11 free!
My natural instinct drives me to get the best from people, whatever their background. It takes a lot of nurturing and patience to enable people to perform at their best, which is something I excel at. I know I can make a positive impact as a tutor with a motivating philosophy and aspirational attitude of creativity, challenge and collaboration.
I never stop learning and believing; encouraged along the way by some truly inspirational figures. If you’d have told me when I was 7 years old that just 1 year later I would have a main part in the town production followed by many years of Music and Drama training, I would have dismissed it. If it was presented to me that I would have what I do now, I would never have believed it. I aim to inspire people, like I was once, to feel empowered and ‘get out there and live your dream!’ I adopt the very same ethos on a daily basis. I aim to capture a snapshot of each individual's story, with an aim to nurture and develop their (hidden) talent to be the very best.
I take pride in sharing my passion of Music with others and strive to inspire them to improve their own confidence, technique and sound quality. Lessons with me are relaxed and enjoyable. Whether you just want to perfect your style or learn, training from scratch. Own composing/songwriting/film music
To quote from the novel and recent Movie ‘Wonder’ “You can’t blend in when you were born to stand out”.
Beginners to Advanced
AOTOS (Association of Teachers of Singing)
Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM)
Skills & Achievements
• 100% pass rate Peripatetic tutor experience including entrance for exams (ABRSM Piano/Jazz Piano/Rock School Drums and UWCL/LCM Music Theatre) Incl. Merit for Grade 5 Music Theatre for an 11 year old; currently two 10 year olds about to be entered!
• Member of the ISM, AOTOS and BVA
• Member of the Guild of International Songwriters and Composers and have received written acclaim regarding my songs from recognised industry professionals. I have developed my own enterprise- Welcomme Wonderland (www.welcommewonderland.com) which inspires me to share my passion and ethos with others.
• Senior Leadership experience (Acting Deputy and Assistant Headteacher Junior School 2015-present)
• PGCE Student and NQT Mentor and assessor
• Director of Dorset Youth Voices 2014-15 nurturing the vocal ability of students from mixed backgrounds to develop a growth mind-set, aspiring to achieve their potential. A notable performance for the group was that of the WW1 commemoration concert ‘Lest we forget’, at the BIC (Bournemouth International Centre).
• Member of the Dorset Music Strategy Group (Primary and Junior Representative) as part of the Dorset Music Education Hub
• Vocal judge for The South West of England finals for UKFestival4Stars at the Lighthouse Theatre in Poole
• Delivering Outstanding Music education providing a bespoke music curriculum for all pupils across KS2,3,4 & 5
• Tutor and Internal modifier for GCSE Music and BTEC Performing Arts Music (Events Management) KS5
• Produced outstanding Musical Theatre productions (including my own shows) as well as multiple music concerts
• Organised and led choirs both in a school and college environment as well as church vocal groups.
• CPD with Dr Gillyanne Kayes & Jeremy Fisher (Vocal Process)
• Training from Marie Forleo as part of B-School
Additional CPD (More available on request!)
Up to date Safeguarding training, Channel Awareness Prevent training, ASD awareness; Childhood bereavement (MOSAIC), Safer Recruitment (refresher), Training for SEN, EAL, EpiPen, Dyslexia, Music within the Pyramid, National plan for music, Music Network meetings, Musicianship programme, Music assessment conference, Using the ipad for Music, Making Music with Apple, Self taught Sibelius, Cubase SX3, Reason & Logic Pro X.
PLEASE NOTE: All users of our service are bound by our terms
and conditions. We strongly recommend that you read our guidelines
on choosing a teacher before making any approach to a teacher for music lessons.
If you feel this profile contains any inaccurate or inappropriate content, please
let us know.