B.A. Degree in Jazz Guitar with first-class honours at the G.B. Martini Conservatory of Music (2014)
Rock 'n' Roll
Beginners to Advanced
I have greatly enjoyed sharing my enthusiasm for music by giving private lessons for the past 8 years to people of all ages that are pursuing music leisurely or professionally. I will help you discover the best way to take on board new techniques, learning new songs and a mind set to practising and playing, taking you further a lot quicker than teaching yourself.
Whether your just starting out or a more experience player, it’s essential for me to understand what you would like to get from lessons, so I can plan your short therm and long term goals. I can offer a flexible program suited for the students personal interests, and I can also teach in Italian language. Lessons are appropriate for anyone who wishes to expand their knowledge of the guitar and can include covering the following areas:
- Rhythm guitar.
- Lead guitar.
- Music theory and harmony.
- Grooves and styles.
- Slide guitar and open D tuning.
- Ear training.
- B.A. Degree in Jazz Guitar with first-class honours at the G.B. Martini Conservatory of Music in Bologna (2014).
- Guitar Tutor/Ensembles Coordinator in “Spazio Musica” Music School in Ragusa, (November 2013-November 2014).
- Private Guitar Tutor, (September 2010-Present).
- Teaching assistant for the Head of Jazz Department’s Masterclasses. (2011).
Through my work experiences, I have developed my own teaching philosophy based on the importance of rhythm, how it is perceived and how it can be studied. Developing a good sense of rhythm not only helps advance musical ability, but it also reinforces the emotional intelligence, communication skills, and motor skills.
In music teaching, active listening of different ‘rhythm forms’ is fundamental for a student’s ability to recognize different sounds and rhythm patterns and to reproduce them on their instrument. Through listening to a variety of instruments in a rhythmic context, students explore all the different colours and sound variations that you can get from them.
Knowledge and Abilities
I have excellent, advanced knowledge:
- All aspects and techniques of rhythm acoustic/electric guitar: strumming, arpeggios, finger-picking, flat-picking.
- All aspects of soloist acoustic/electric guitar: alternate/economy picking, vibrato, bending, hammer-on, pull-of, legato, slide.
- Music theory and harmony: intervals, structure of scales and chords, melody harmonisation, major structures of different genres of music.
- All aspects that regard Improvisation, Composition and Arrangement: scales over chords progression, melodic arpeggios, chords substitutions, chord melody, songs structure, arranging techniques.
- Genres and their repertoires including: blues, jazz, rock, soul, country, funk, rock and roll.
- Techniques for using the bottleneck: (slide guitar) on electric and acoustic, in open D tuning.
- Solfeggio and sight-reading.
- Ear training (melodic and harmonic).
- Music Technology: music equipment and softwares for recording/transcribing/editing purposes (Logic Pro X, Garageband, Pro Tools, Cubase, Finale, Sibelius, iMovie).
- Bass Guitar Fundamentals.
Availability and Location
Recently, I have had my own teaching studio in West Byfleet, which means I can give lessons whenever suits me and my students as I am not restricted to school or shop hours. I'm also available to give private lessons in the student’s home, but I will need to add in traveling costs and a minimum lesson time of 1 hour.
Fee (30 minutes): £20.00
Fee (60 minutes): £30.00
PLEASE NOTE: All users of our service are bound by our terms
and conditions. We strongly recommend that you read our guidelines
on choosing a teacher before making any approach to a teacher for music lessons.
If you feel this profile contains any inaccurate or inappropriate content, please
let us know.