Having begun to learn the piano as a stubborn five year-old refusing to do printed fingerings (much to the frustration of my teacher), I'm now a professional orchestral conductor and a dedicated teacher. I have coaching experience of over ten years in piano, theory, musicianship, conducting and vocal coaching, and in fact like to include a bit of all of these in whatever skill I'm teaching as each skill complements the other in building a musician.
My teaching code:
• As music comes from life, so life comes from music.
• Curiosity and creativity are the keys to learning.
• We make music not just with the fingers and arms, but with the whole person.
• Mistakes are not problems - it's the opposite. They are a fundamental part of learning.
• Match my teaching to the student and their learning style (and not the other way round).
• Teach students how to learn for themselves.
• Motivate my students through music.
• Piano lessons should be fun.
• Including mistakes!
• Curiosity is encouraged - it's the best basis for learning.
Fee (45 minutes): £30.00
Fee (60 minutes): £40.00
If you feel this profile contains any inaccurate or inappropriate content, please
let us know.