Michael has gained coverage from regional and national broadcasters, including a debut television performance on BBC1 and airplay on BBC Radio Devon and other local radio stations throughout the UK. He has supported other musicians and gained experience on the UK festival circuit, performing at Glastonbury, Secret Garden Party, Sidmouth Folk Festival, Broadstairs Folk Festival, Green Man, Beautiful Days, Sunrise, Electric Picnic and Didj Fest UK among others.
Beginners to Advanced
Music lessons in a mac based recording studio for kit drums, didgeridoo and studio recording. Taught with a friendly, positive and fun approach on high quality music and recording equipment.
Kit Drum Lessons
- Posture and natural body movement around the drum kit.
- Rudiment study.
- Coordination and independence.
- Hand and feet technique, the free stroke, moeller technique, finger technique, etc…
- Beat technique, funk, break beat, fusion, clave, cascara, rock, groove, etc…
- Tuning, mic placement, recording a drum kit into a DAW (digital audio workstation).
- Mixing a drum kit in a DAW (digital audio workstation).
- Musicianship, performing in a band, backing vocals, singing and drumming simultaneously.
- Creativity, writing drum parts for songs, improvisation, creative thinking.
- Music theory.
- Achieving a clean drone and a full rich tone.
- Circular breathing.
- Using the diaphragm.
- Using the Voice.
- Tongue rhythms.
- Calls and toots.
- Cheek rhythms.
- Groove and beat technique.
- Acoustics, mic placement, recording a didgeridoo into a DAW (digital audio workstation).
- Music theory.
- Breathing and meditation.
- An introduction to the traditional yidaki and its origins from the indigenous aboriginal culture of Australia.
- Musicianship, solo and performing as part of a group.
- Creativity, improvisation, creative thinking.
- DidjBeAt, advanced hybrid rhythms between didj and drums.
PLEASE NOTE: All users of our service are bound by our terms
and conditions. We strongly recommend that you read our guidelines
on choosing a teacher before making any approach to a teacher for music lessons.
If you feel this profile contains any inaccurate or inappropriate content, please
let us know.