BA (hons) Music Degree
Associate of the Royal Schools of Music (ARSM)
Grade 8 Piano
Grade 8 Violin
Beginners to Advanced
**COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note, all lessons are currently taking place online. Pricing is discounted due to this: £15 for 30 mins. **
As a recent graduate from a Russell-group University (The University of Leeds), I have spent the past six years growing my tutoring service and working with some wonderful students!
I offer lessons for:
- Music: Piano, Violin and Music Theory,
- Primary Maths & English,
- 11+ exam preparation.
I have attained grade 8 in both piano and violin with over 15 years of playing and most recently, have become an Associate of the Royal Schools of Music (ARSM). In addition, I was the recipient of two performance awards: Toothill Performance Award 2017-18 and The Ernest and Luther Gaunt Music Award 2018-19 for advanced ability.
WHY CHOOSE ME?
- I offer a fun, friendly and tailored tutoring service for anyone wanting to develop their skills or learn something completely new.
- Experienced in private tutoring since 2014 with current students ranging from 5-28 years of age.
- DBS-checked and experience working in various Primary Schools.
- Parents and students have cited noticeable progress, an increase in motivation to practise and increased confidence as just some of the results from our lessons together.
More reviews can be found towards the bottom of my page.
As a classically-trained musician, this is what I specialise in teaching and have prepared students for many ABRSM & TRINITY music exams. However, I also teach those who are learning just for fun (in the past these pieces have included: folk tunes, Disney, and Einaudi or anything the student wants to learn).
As well as performance preparations, correct posture, techniques and music theory will be covered as these are vital for building a strong foundation in any musical education. Parents of current students have found that introducing technical and theoretical features into lessons has resulted in a noticeable difference in their child's understanding and playing ability.
Not every student learns in the same way so I am accustomed to adapting every lesson to the specific individual and their needs. Together, we make sure we find any particularly difficult topics and work through these together.
My aim is for all lessons to always be educational, fun and tailored to the individual.
REVIEWS FROM CURRENT PARENTS/STUDENTS: (collected July 2020)
- ‘We can not fault Sammi. She is consistent, patient and firm. We like how she doesn't let (name removed) mess around. She pushes (name) out of her comfort zone which always gets results.’ From the parents of a 9-year old student.
- 'I am really grateful for and very satisfied with your professionalism, preparedness as well as your kindness and care for my daughter and her progress'. From the parent of 15 year old student.
- 'Sammi has the teaching ability of someone you’d normally associate with being a lot older than herself. She’s a great listener and has been able to progress my piano ability whilst only teaching me online classes for 30 mins a week. Would definitely recommend to anyone who’s looking for a virtual piano teacher'. From a 23 year old student.
- 'I like that we work through the parts that I find difficult which no other teacher has done before. You are always happy, which makes me happy'. From a 10 year old student.
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile!
Please don't hesitate to contact me for more information or for any enquiries.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Fee (30 minutes): £20.00
Fee (60 minutes): £35.00
PLEASE NOTE: All users of our service are bound by our terms
and conditions. We strongly recommend that you read our guidelines
on choosing a teacher before making any approach to a teacher for music lessons.
If you feel this profile contains any inaccurate or inappropriate content, please
let us know.