BA Honours Jazz, 1st class
Fully accredited teacher status
Fully CRB checked in London, Yorkshire and Derbyshire
Beginners to Advanced
Skills and areas I teach:
• Drum kit (all genres)
• Double bass (classical and jazz)
• Bass guitar (rock and pop)
• Technical studies
• Ensemble playing
• Sight reading
• Indian improvisation
• African drumming
• Latin percussion
• IT skills, operation of Cubase and Sibelius (sequencing, arranging and notation software)
I teach from my music room on Highfield Avenue, right next to Brent Cross tube station with easy access from the North Circular road, M1 A1 and A41. The room is fully equipped with acoustic drums, double bass, amplification and CD player! I can travel to teach for an extra £5.
• Currently delivering instrumental and whole class teaching at 7 schools and Academies in NW London
• Leader and co-ordinator of 'Rhythmatic' drum ensemble
• Leader and co-ordinator of residential creative music workshops with the Quaker Noodle-Link group
• Group workshops on rhythm and improvisational techniques at HEART centre, Leeds
• Co-founder of and educator for Leeds based group IMOWI (Indian Music On Western Instruments)
• Workshops on Indian classical music at Newbold Community School, Eskdale School
• Workshops on Indian rhythm with the Derbyshire City & County Youth Wind Band
• Improvisation workshops at HEART centre jazz summer school
www.samgardnermusic.com - watch, listen and read about me here!
www.samadhimusic.co.uk - watch and listen to my own band Samadhi here!
The joy of music making is at the core of my teaching practice. I love to play, I love to teach and inspiring young musicians is my passion!
I am a professional musician living and working in London and around the UK. I have extensive experience touring the UK and Europe in a wide variety of styles including Jazz, Pop and Rock, Heavy Metal, Latin music (Afro-Cuban and Brazillian) and Indian Classical music.
I have over 10 years of teaching and have taught in over 15 different schools, teaching one to one and running ensembles and music classes. I have experience working with students of all ages, from primary right up to old age pensioners and I have worked with students with learning difficulties, ADHD, Autism and Profound and Multiple learning difficulties (PMLD).
I understand the music industry in and out and I will equip you with the practical skills you need to become a professional musician! Or if you prefer just to have a bit of fun we can do that too!
Fee (60 minutes): £35.00
Fee (30 minutes): £20.00
PLEASE NOTE: All users of our service are bound by our terms
and conditions. We strongly recommend that you read our guidelines
on choosing a teacher before making any approach to a teacher for music lessons.
If you feel this profile contains any inaccurate or inappropriate content, please
let us know.