98 BA (Hons) Related Arts and English: 2:1
October 20 - Online Creative Practice with LIFEbeat
August 20 - Feldenkrais for Musicians with Emma Alter
March 20 - From Notation to Performance: Understanding Musical Scores with The Open University and FutureLearn
February 20 - Develop Your Cultural Intelligence with Purdue University and FutureLearn
September 19 - Become a Better Music Teacher with ABRSM and FutureLearn
July 18 - date - timtopham.com Inner Circle piano teacher training
April 18 - date - The Curious Piano Teachers teacher training
July 17 - date - Jazz Skills with pianist and educator, Shan Verma
July 17 - American jazz 'bebop' pianist and educator, Barry Harris's Harmony, Improvisation and Vocal Workshops
November 16 - date - Discover Double Bass
September 12 - Musicians' Union 'An Introduction To Working In The Community Music Sector'
09 and 12 - Songwriting with internationally acclaimed singer-songwriter, Heidi Berry
07 Edexcel Level 3 BTEC National Certificate in Music Practice: Double Distinction
07 NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Performance Skills
92 Grade 8 Double Bass
92 Grade 5 Violin
92 Grade 5 Theory of Music
87 Grade 5 Piano
Music Theory (Grades 1 to 5)
Beginners to Advanced
Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM)
I teach adults high-quality online and live private instrumental music and music theory lessons for £45 per hour.
- It's never too late to learn / relearn an instrument!
- I am a member of the Musicians' Union and the Incorporated Society of Musicians and am qualified to teach classical / jazz / folk PIANO, VIOLIN, DOUBLE BASS and MUSIC THEORY plus exam grades (once the student is fully prepared), to both BEGINNERS or ADVANCED students.
- I believe in teaching a lifelong LOVE of music, and that learning and playing should be about ENJOYMENT, SELF-EXPRESSION, TRANSFORMATION, CURIOSITY, and DEVELOPING INDEPENDENCE AS A MUSICIAN.
- I create lesson plans, worksheets and original compositions tailored to the unique skills and abilities of the student.
- I incorporate new techniques, research and technologies into my teaching.
- I encourage students to become WELL ROUNDED MUSICIANS from the perspective of a multi-instrumentalist (including correct posture, listening, reading, relearning an instrument, composition, improvisation, performance, and the healing aspects of music).
- Check out what my students think of my teaching, by visiting the TESTIMONIALS link on this profile.
- Please see my privacy statement by following the 'Privacy Statement' link on website: gemmaboyd.space
PLEASE NOTE: All users of our service are bound by our terms
and conditions. We strongly recommend that you read our guidelines
on choosing a teacher before making any approach to a teacher for music lessons.
If you feel this profile contains any inaccurate or inappropriate content, please
let us know.